There are 296 Catholic schools throughout Queensland educating about 18.5% of Queensland students. There are 3,705 overseas students studying on a visa, of which 295 are full-fee paying overseas students.
Catholic schools in Queensland strive to provide a high quality education, advancing the common good of Australian society. In addition, Catholic schools believe in the intrinsic value of each student based on a distinctive educational vision inspired by the example of Jesus Christ.
Research shows that parents and students choose Catholic schools for a number of reasons including:
- The Christian values taught by Catholic schools
- Care for the well-being of students, teachers and staff
- A commitment to the holistic development of students - spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally, socially and emotionally
- The pursuit of academic excellence
- The teaching of self-discipline based on respect for others
- A vision of hope for the future
- Strong partnerships with parents, parish and community.