Anti-Cancer, Natural Product Transcriptomics PhD Top-Up Scholarship
University of the Sunshine Coast
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum 2A Honours in a relevant discipline area e.g. molecular biology or plant biochemistry OR have an equivalent level of attainment via previous study, work experience, research publications, referee's reports and other research experience; and
demonstrated ability to conduct basic research, for example:
1. execution of research experiments
2. maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
3. use of databases and other software
4. data analysis and report writing
5. compliance with laboratory WH&S guidelines.
demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and develop new research techniques.
demonstrated ability to organise and safely undertake laboratory research with minimal supervision.
experience in molecular biology, plant biochemistry and/or natural products chemistry are desirable
not hold an equivalent HDR qualification to that being applied for
not be receiving an equivalent scholarship, or salary providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the APA stipend rate to undertake the HDR
recipients must maintain satisfactory progress as a full-time higher degree by research candidate at the University of the Sunshine Coast
Undergraduate academic achievement
and one of:
Most recent and relevant degree
Relevant research experience
- Value of scholarship AUD $10,000 per annum top-up stipend for three years, and AUD $30,000 operating funds and a further AUD $7,500 travel scholarship (total top-up scholarship value is AUD $67,500 over three years).
- Who can apply All international
- Study level Doctoral Degrees
- Application details Students must send the completed application along with the supporting documents to Postgraduate Research Scholarships Officer; Office of Research; University of the Sunshine Coast, ML 26; Maroochydore DC Qld 4558. For further details please visit university website .