Queensland Student Advisory Panel
Study Queensland is responsible for the implementation of the Queensland Government’s International Education and Training Strategy to Advance Queensland 2016- 2026 (IET Strategy) and the Queensland Student Advisory Panel (QSAP) forms part of the overall governance of the IET Strategy..
The QSAP is comprised of students representing different nationalities, gender, levels of study, and regions of Queensland to harness the diversity of the Queensland’s student voice. The panel works closely with Queensland’s Regional Community of Practice to advise Study Queensland on the needs of students and provide advice on policy and programs relating to international education and training.
The QSAP will:
- provide advice to Study Queensland on policy and programs relating to international student experience in Queensland;
- act as a means of consultation with students on new initiatives, student experience programs and how best to implement them;
- report on emerging trends and issues from across the regions that impact students;
- work in tandem with state-wide student hubs and regional clusters to promote access and engagement by international students;
- partner in designing the Queensland International Student Leaders Forum and other Study Queensland led events; and
- Contribute to the development of Study Queensland’s Student Support Framework and other specific projects and programs as required.