CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This ‘Take me to CISA 2018’ Competition is conducted by Trade Investment Queensland, Level 10, 1 William St, Brisbane, Australia.
2. Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
4. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who is:
i. Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the gift/prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition;
ii. Not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 4(a) above;
iii. Aged 18 years or over.
5. All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these conditions.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
6. The competition commences at 10.00 am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on Tuesday 29 May 2018 and closes at 9.59 pm AEST on Sunday 17 June 2018 (“Competition Period”).
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
7. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements of the following entry process (“Entry Process”):
a. On your personal Instagram account, upload a photo that represents an important moment of your student life in Australia and provide a short description in the caption.
b. Include #studyqueensland, #CISA2018 and @studyqueensland in the description. Please note that your Instagram account should be set as public to be eligible for this competition.
DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS AND THEIR PRIZES
8. The Promotion is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner/s and each validly submitted entry will be individually judged by the Promoter and representatives of the Promoter on the basis of suitability. Entries will be judged on originality, imagination and the photo that best captures your journey as an international student in Australia. The entry must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights.
9. By entering the competition, entrants are agreeing to the competition Terms and Conditions.
10. All Prize selections will be conducted at Level 10, 1 William St, Brisbane, Australia.
Prize Inclusions and Terms & Conditions
11. The winner is entitled to one (1) experience to Cairns, Australia (The “Prize”), the total Prize valued at AUD $4,000 as at Tuesday 29 May 2018 (including taxes).
12. The prize itinerary is as follows:
6 Day Tour
- Day 1: Cairns (arrival) including accommodation - Hotel (1 night)
- Day 2: CISA Conference including accommodation - Hotel (1 night)
- Day 3: CISA Conference including accommodation - Hotel (1 night)
- Day 4: CISA Conference including accommodation - Hotel (1 night)
- Day 5: Great Barrier Reef experience including accommodation - Hotel (1 night)
- Day 6: Cairns (departure) no accommodation included
Meals: No meals are included
Transport: return domestic flight to Cairns
Accommodation: Hotel (5 nights)
13. The total prize is valued at AUD$4,000 excluding GST.
14. The prize is non-transferable. It can not be used by any individual other than the winner.
15. The prize can not be exchanged for cash or transferred into a voucher for use after the dates specified.
16. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties in writing, the Winner agrees to promote on their personal social media channels the Prize. It is expected that the Winner will post a minimum of six photos on Instagram using the handles @studyqueensland and @queensland and hashtags #thisisqueensland #CISA2018.
17. The content promoted should not bring Study Queensland, Trade and Investment Queensland, the Council for International Students Australia (CISA), Queensland as a destination, its people and culture, accommodation and activity providers into dishonor or disrepute. The content should be honest, truthful and reflective of your own opinion.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
18. If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize.
19. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the value of the Prize depreciating between the start of the Competition and receipt of the Prize.
20. The Promoter has the right to disqualify any Entrant or Voter that it deems to have cheated or not complied with the Terms and Conditions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and votes and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Voter for tampering with the entry process. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant or Voter to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
22. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
23. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
26. Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter and its associated entities an exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and transferable license (including the right to sub-license) to use such footage and photographs for promotional and marketing purposes, including online social networking sites.
28. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they adhere to Australian Copyright law and to obtain prior consent from any person or persons that appears in the content (picture) uploaded or shared as their entry into the competition. Trade Investment Queensland takes no responsibility for any infringement of Australian Copyright laws or of the consent from any person or persons that appears in the content (picture) uploaded or shared by the entrant.
29. The Picture which the Eligible Entrant submits to the Website must not contain inappropriate language, gratuitous violence, sexual references or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, race, or community.
30. Any entry made on Instagram may be aggregated on the campaign landing page: http://www.studyqueensland.qld.gov.au/StudyQueensland
31. All of the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The Winner will have 7 days to claim the Prize. If the Winner does not claim the Prize in 7 days, then a new Winner will be selected. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize or select a new Winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the Prize.
33. By entering the Competition and claiming a Prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright.
34. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
36. If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
37. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.