Competition Terms & Conditions
2021 Study Queensland Working in Queensland Module Incentive
By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry is open to all persons over the age of 18 and must be a student currently located in Queensland and enrolled at a Queensland CRICOS Registered education or training provider. You can search CRICOS providers here. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Entrants will receive an invitation to attend a workshop facilitated by Josh Farr titled LinkedIn, Personal Branding & Networking once a WiQ Module is completed. The following workshops are available:
a. In person and online workshop in Brisbane CBD on Wednesday 24 November 2021 at 3:00pm – 5:00pm (limited attendees in person) (COVID dependent); and
b. Online workshop on Thursday 25 November 2021 at 12:00pm – 2:00pm (unlimited attendees)
4. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identification of enrolment with a Queensland CRICOS Registered education or training provider (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries containing and/or depicting illegal, sexually explicit, or morally or racially offensive content will be ineligible to win. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
5. The Competition opens on 9 June 2021 (10.00AM AEST) and closes on 23 November 2021 (5:00PM AEST).
6. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify:
a. any entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process;
b. any entries that Study Queensland or Trade and Investment Queensland considers manipulative, unrepresentative, or disproportionate;
c. any individuals found entering who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the entry process.
7. Each entrant who completes at least one of the four Working in Queensland modules will receive an invitation to attend a workshop facilitated by Josh Farr titled LinkedIn, Personal Branding & Networking at no charge.
8. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash and is subject to the conditions stated on the voucher. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited.
9. All expenses outside of the stated prize inclusions are at the cost and responsibility of the winner.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize or any variation in the prize advertised and the prize provided.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of winning the prize.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
13. You may be photographed or filmed/recorded while attending a Trade and Investment Queensland event. The images and videos may be used, published, or reproduced in any form (in whole or in part) and by any internal Queensland Government medium—including but not limited to websites or social media channels—to promote the events. Your consent to the use of your image in this manner is taken to be given by attending this event. Should you not wish to have your image photographed or filmed, please notify the photographer on the day.
14. Entrants who have completed a Working in Queensland module will receive a workshop registration form via email from by Practera.
15. The in-person workshop on will be first come, first serve up to the maximum capacity set by the venue. The online workshop will remain uncapped.
16. By registering for this event, you also understand that if you are not feeling well and/or have any COVID-19 related symptoms that may include cold or flu like symptoms, you must not attend this event and cancel your registration.
17. COVID-19 safe practices will be guided by the venue for the in-person workshop. If this event is impacted by any public health orders, the event will be held online. If this occurs, attendees will be notified via email.
18. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
19. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
20. By entering the Competition, entrants and winner (s) accept that the Promoter and all entities associated with the promotion may use the entrant’s and winner (s) name and likeness for their promotional and publicity purposes without the payment of any fee.
22. By entering this Competition, entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of entrants Personal Information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the entrants’ information to assist the Promoter in improving services and to contact entrants in the future with direct marketing materials, including information on special offers or to advise entrants of the Promoter’s other programs, products, services, events or activities that the Promoter believes entrants may be interested in, via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. By submitting an entry to this Competition, entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
“Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
23. The Promoter is Study Queensland (Study Queensland is a business unit within Trade and Investment Queensland) of 1 Williams Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.
24. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
25. The Promoter’s decision concerning any aspect of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time.
26. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, WeChat and Weibo. You are providing your information to Study Queensland (Study Queensland is a business unit within Trade and Investment Queensland) and not Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, WeChat and Weibo.