Ranked well inside the top 100* universities in the world The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia's finest higher education institutions with:
- more awards for teaching excellence than any other Australian university
- exceptional program choice across a wide range of study areas at undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degree levels
- opportunities for students to gain practical experience and make valuable connections with prospective employers through internships and work placements
- the chance to study part of their degree overseas at one of the University’s many highly ranked partner institutions
- a graduate employment rate 3.2 percentage points higher than the national average
With campuses based in and around the city of Brisbane, you will enjoy a diverse community of over 50,000 students, including over 11,000 international students from 140 different countries across the globe.
The University has nine world class research institutes, and researchers whose innovations are having a global impact, including the creation of a cervical cancer vaccine, protection of the world’s food supply, and the installation of the largest photovoltaic solar panel in the southern hemisphere. As a UQ student you have the opportunity to be taught by and work alongside these researchers.