1. Expectation: Schools are boring old lecture rooms with blackboards
Reality: Schools are more like a student lounge
2. Expectation: Studying with piles of books in libraries
Reality: Studying with our coursebooks on Noosa Main Beach
3. Expectation: Teachers are boring old professors
Reality: Teachers know how to entertain their students
4. Expectation: Classes are about grammar, reading and writing
Reality: Classes include interactive activities, games, cooking, yoga plus much more
5. Expectation: School bags are heavy and full of misery
Reality: School bags are full of fun
6. Expectation: School uniforms need to be worn
Reality: School uniforms are casual beachwear
7. Expectation: Staff are unfriendly office workers
Reality: Staff are happy, friendly and helpful
8. Expectation: After class we wait for a lonely bus ride home
Reality: After class we all head to the beach for fun activities
9. Expectation: Activities outside of school include going to parks and churches
Reality: Noosa is full of extreme sports and fun
10. Expectation: Transportation is a nightmare during peak hours
Reality: Bikes and Skateboards is the way to go!
11. Expectation: The weather is dark and gloomy
Reality: The weather is warm and sunny
From Brazil, we introduce to you: Amanda Gonçalves, 19 years old, extremely adventurous, passionate for traveling and filmmaking. She has already traveled to 3 countries; always recording every step for others travellers . And this time as a Queensland International Student Ambassador it’s not gonna be different.
You can consent to the use of such technologies by using the “Allow All Cookies” button. By closing this notice, you continue without consenting and only essential cookies will be used.