Queensland Government schools provide students with the best choice of study pathways, enabling them to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals in a supportive and healthy environment.
Academic Excellence and Integrated University Pathways
- 90% of Queensland Government high school year 12 graduates receive an offer to a tertiary institution.
- There are strong pathways with universities and TAFE colleges with opportunities to study university subjects in high school and obtain credit towards university studies.
- Education Queensland International (EQI) has recently received a 98% overall student satisfaction rating for our international Student Programs (ISP).
- Queensland's internationally recognised high school qualifications combine theoretical and practical learning to equip students for tertiary studies and professional careers.
- Teachers at Queensland Government high schools hold a minimum four-year undergraduate university degree, and many have postgraduate qualifications.
- Class sizes are important with 25 students per class in senior high school and 30 students per class in junior high school.